Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day 17 - Thursday, 10/7/10

Today was a day of traveling to the extreme. I rode my bike to work, then after work biked over to Tutti Gusti's in Canton for a Pizza Club meeting.



Then, I biked back downtown to pick up the zipcar I reserved. This was my first time, so I felt kind of weird and confused... also I was in a rush and these suburban teens were grilling me about city parking regulations because they "hate driving in Baltimore" it's a real big city, you know. BUT everything worked out, I stuck my bike in the back and took off towards the suburbs for this babysitting gig. The car was amazing. I zipped a Volvo S40 and it was a dream. Oh man, so luxurious, so quiet, so many lit up functions and buttons. I felt wealthy for a short while, and you know what? It felt good. After babysitting (and by "babysitting" I mean knitting while watching The Stepford Wives and that one episode of the X-Files where hyper intelligent metal cockroaches from outer space are killing people) I heading back into the city and picked up Joe. We then zipped to Valentinos, ate up my babysitting money and then went home. What a day! Thanks ZIPCAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment