Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Day 9 - Wednesday, 9/29/10

I biked to work today. My normal route relies mostly on Guilford Avenue to work (south) and Fairmount/Guilford from work (north). Right where Guilford meets North there is this crossing guard who always urges bikers to cross when the red hand is up. Usually, I disregard traffic lights anyway and let the flow of traffic designate my speed and crossing tactics. Anyway, he's always like "Come on!! Cross the street! Come on, now!!" and I'm like "Chill dude, just let me do my thing and not get hit". I guess my point is (if there is one) is that it's kind of weird that a crossing guard demands/promotes dangerous street crossing practices. Whatever.

ANYWAY, today at that very corner, an elderly woman almost passed out in front of me. She was walking with another woman and suddenly started clinging to this tree and looking really dazed. Both the crossing guard and I were like "Oh my!" but as he approached to help, I biked away. I'm sure she's fine.

After work I met up with Joe and Josh and we ate frozen pizza (hell of burned my mouth) and watched about 3 episodes of the Simpsons, season 4. I then biked home.


No comments:

Post a Comment